THE INWARD PART OF A MAN
Jeremiah 31:33; Psalm 51:6
Andres C. Guevara Jr. August 3, 2014
INTRODUCTION: God made man in His own image based in Genesis 1:26-27. It means it has to do with God existence as a triune being. And God made man a Triune being like Himself according to I Thes.5:23.
In John 4:24, God is a spirit and man is made in the image of God.
Therefore, God desires to establish a spiritual relationship with us according to Psalm 51:6; John.4:23
And our relationship with God can only be established spiritually based in John 3:5-8
The Bible teaches how importance THE INWARD (Spiritual) PART of man.
I- GOD LOOKS ON THE INWARD PART
A. Undeniable Looks - I Samuel 16:7; Jeremiah 17:9-10; Matthew 23:25-28; Luke11:39-40
B. Unobstructed Looks – Psalm 33:13-14; Hebrews 4:12-13; Job 34:21-22
C. Unlimited Looks – Proverbs 5:21; Proverbs 15:3; Gen.6:5; I Chronicles 28:9; Job 28:10, 24
D. Unceasing Looks – Zachariah 4:10; II Chronicles 16:9
II- GOD LIVES IN THE INWARD PART
A. The Son lives in
1. Christ wants to Fellowship with us—John 14:20-23
2. Christ wants to bear Fruit through us—John 15:4-5
3. Christ wants to Fortify us—Luke 17:21; Colossians 1:27
B. The Spirit lives in
1. As proof of living—Romans 8:16; Romans 8:9; II Corinthians 13:5
2. As promised to live—Ezekiel 36:26-27
3. Personally lives—I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19
4. Powerfully lives—I John 4:4
5. Permanently lives—John 14:16; Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 4:30
C. The Scriptures lives in - I Thessalonians 2:13
1. In order to stir us—Luke 24:32
2. In order to strengthen us—I John 2:14
3. In order to supply us—John 15:7
III- GOD LABORS THROUGH THE INWARD PART
A. God Commences His work in us—Philippians 1:6
B. God Continues His work in us—Philippians 2:13
C. God Completes His work in us—Hebrews 13:21
IV- GOD LOVES THE INWARD PART
The Father sacrifices His Son to save souls of all sinners.
The Son suffers and died for our sins and salvation of souls
Hebrews 10:39; James 1:21; James 5:20; I Peter 1:9; Revelations 6:9
V- GOD LIFTS THE INWARD PART
When we are weary, fainted, and discouraged God lifted us up.
Psalms 23:3; John 15:11; Psalms 94:19
VI- THE INWARD PART OF MAN WILL LAST
Although, our spirit susceptible for various troubles, pressures that surrounds us there is refreshing grace of God to renew our spirit within moment by moment of our lives—II Corinthians 4:16
Closing: If God so much interested in our inner being, in our spiritual being, let us therefore focus on it and make it a priority to grow spiritually and establish a strong spiritual relationship with God.