GOD WANTS US TO RULE
(October 16, 2019 – WED p.m.- MBC baesa)
• Let us rule if we don’t we will be ruled.
• God commanded us to rule certain people and things in our own lives. If we obey God to rule these people or things they will surely rule us.
• God rules over everything. – Psalm 103:19
• God put rulers over men. Therefore, rulers are to rule based on God instruction. – 2 Samuel 23:3
• There are rulers over thousands, hundreds, fifties, and tens. – Exodus 18:25
• There are ruler who was under authority and rule over a hundred soldiers. – Matthew 8:5- 13
• There are also “rulers of the darkness of this world,” – Ephesians 6:12
• The rulers gathered together against the Lord. – Acts 4:26
• God will regain his rule from the rulers “with fury poured out.” – Ezekiel 20:33
• The Lord will smite the nations and rule them with a rod of iron – Revelation 19:15
• Jesus Christ will put down all rule and all authority and power. – 1 Corinthians 15:24
• God rules over us and it is God’s will for us to rule over certain things and people, as he expects us. However, if we don’t rule these things and people they will rule over us.
I- GOD WANTS US TO RULE OVER SIN
• God said to Cain that he supposed to rule over sin – Genesis 4:7
• Paul said “sin shall not have dominion over thee.” – Romans 6:12-14
Reality, it is hard to rule sin but it is God’s will for us to rule over sin. You need to trust God. Remember, that you died on the cross, and we need to take up your cross daily. - 1 Corinthians 15:31; Matthew 10:38
• The Spirit indwells us, leads us, empower us, so mortify the deeds of the flesh – Romans 8:13; Colossians 3:5
• That’s a gradual and painful death but it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness – Hebrews 12:10-11
II- GOD WANTS US TO RULE OVER YOUR SPIRIT
• God wants you to rule over your spirit. Ruling over your spirit is a description of victory – Proverbs 16:32; Proverbs 25:28
• The peace of God is to rule in your heart – Colossians 3:15
• Really it is hard to rule your spirit but you must rule according to what God had said.
• Most of the time people are ruled by their emotions. Emotions react up and down. Do not allow your emotion
to take charge or else you will end a loser. You must rule your spirit.
III- GOD WANTS US TO RULE OVER YOUR WIVES
• God said to Eve, that her desire shall be subjected to her husband and the husband shall rule over the wife. – Genesis 3:16.
• Every man should bear rule over in his own house – Esther 1:22
• Wives are to be subject to their own husbands – Ephesians 5:22- 24
• Wives are to be subject even when your husband is being disobedient to God – 1 Peter 3:1-6
• Wives are to be subject to their own husbands in the same way that we are to be subject to the higher powers – Romans 13:1-3
• Wives are to be subject to your husbands even though it is really hard. Likewise, husbands must rule their wives
even though husbands may find hard. Trust God and do according to what God had said.
• If the husbands refuse to rule therefore the women will rule over them and usurped authority to rule. Husbands surely you do not want your house to be like that in Isaiah 3:12.
• Let us warn young men not to get married until they knew they can rule.
IV- GOD WANTS US TO RULE OVER YOUR CHILDREN
• The context is for bishop office but this is God’s plan generally for every house that a man must rule well his own house and his children must subject. – 1 Timothy 3:4
• Biblically, children must obey and honor their parents that they may live well and get longer life. – Ephesians 6:1-3.
• Before children can learn to walk, they already trying to rule the house.
• Children are to be subject to their parents not the other way around.
• It is really hard to rule over your children but parents must rule according to what God had said.
• It is very unfortunate to see our homes were ruled by babies like what is in Isaiah 3:4. It speaks of those incompetent or unable people to rule.
Isaiah 3:4 happened when there is lack of qualified leaders. The Lord remove the leading men in the military, political, religious and commercial spheres of life. This happened when the Babylonians conquered the city and the land and earlier when the Assyrians defeated Israel. The lack of leadership would result in incompetent individuals seeking and gaining positions of authority. Isaiah 3:4 is reminiscent of the reign of King Rehoboam. Looking ahead, wicked king Manasseh began ruling over Judah when he was only 12, and Kings Jehoiakim, Jehoiachin, and Zedekiah who followed him later proved capricious. Do not allow your children to rule over the house. Rule over them.
There will be a day where all rulers must give account to God for how they ruled
Hebrews 13:17 “Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.”
No one of us can excuse ourselves at this judgment. Let us accept our responsibility and start to rule over the people and the things as God tells us to do. If we don’t rule, they will rule us and God does not want it that way.