JESUS CHRIST IS GOD
October 7, 2015 – Wed. p.m.
October 7, 2015 – Wed. p.m.
The subject concerns the Deity of Christ. Jesus Christ is God who manifests in the flesh, and not a lesser God, a prophet, a created angel the brother of Lucifer, or a sinless man like some religious groups teach. The Bible teaches plainly and clearly about the doctrine of the deity of Christ. Here are some of the verses that teaches Jesus Christ is God:
1. 1 Tim. 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
There is no place of argument here, based on this verse, that when Jesus came in the flesh, he was God.
2. 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
The Bible clearly teaches the doctrine of Trinity, showing here that there is but one God who is manifest in three persons.
3. 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
Who do you think the true God referred here in this verse? The verse says, his Son Jesus Christ.
4. John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
5. Isaiash 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Here the bible mentioned about the child that is born who was a son, and called Mighty God, the everlasting Father…Here we find the deity of Christ.
6. Isaiash 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
When we read the word LORD all in capital letters in the Old Testament, it refers to the God Almighty. In this particular verse the God Almighty is the only Saviour and it says there is none other. Remember, if Jesus Christ is not God, he cannot be the Saviour. In the book of Titus, we notice that God and Jesus expressed interchangeably as the Saviour.
7. Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
The name of Jesus that is prophesied in the Old Testament in Isaiah 7:14 and quoted In the New Testament in Matthew 1:23 means “God with us.” It’s easy to understand and clear that Jesus is God.
8. Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
In this passage the Father addresses Jesus, the Son, and said “O God.” Some religious people don’t believe that Jesus is God, but God the Father surely believes.